[ioquake3] Renderer with Bloom, VBO, GLSL, etc. compatible with baseq3
megatog615 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 16:10:19 PDT 2010
>From what I have learned from speaking with Tr3B and other graphics-informed
people, it's that the deformvertexes and various tcmod functions cannot be
stored in a VBO, or has other GLSL-related implications that prevent it from
working. They were probably removed because of these reasons and that UrT
probably has no real use for these functions anyway, besides for water
effects or something.
For what it's worth, all these functions are in XreaL(except for
deformVertexes), probably re-written to make it work. It might be worth
taking a look into how it's done in XreaL.
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 8:14 AM, <monk at rq3.com> wrote:
> We had looked into this as well and there may be more work and testing
> someone would have to do. From some mappers/coders:
> "someone(!) should inform him about the non-compatible parts (no tcMod
> rotate, no deformVertexes, r_overbrightbits is borked etc...)"
> I unfortunately don't have an extensive list or too many details, but it
> appears that there are some changes right off the bat that would make this
> unusable for the main branch. Now I grant that that could be an issue
> with our implementation, but anyone working on this should make sure that
> all the base Q3 features are available with the new renderer.
> I honestly would have just assumed that they were but hey, perhaps they
> are not!
> > On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 10:21 PM, <monk at rq3.com> wrote:
> >> It's been around a while but looks like it was updated in the last day
> >> or
> >> two. The source isn't directly linked so for those who are curious,
> >> here
> >> ya go:
> > I ported it to the latest ioquake3 (r1785). There wasn't much work to
> > do as far as converting to SDL etc. The hard part was sorting out
> > what changes needed to be included. ioUrbanTerror is mostly based on
> > a pre-SDL version of ioquake3 but it also has some recent changes
> > backported. If this would be used upstream and someone can help me
> > test vanilla quake3, I'd be happy to help merge it. I tried to keep
> > my diffs as close to 27's source code as I could since it's already a
> > big diff. If it gets merged upstream, you would want to fix up the
> > diff so it applies cleaner with respect to removing small UrT changes
> > (e.g. urtconfig.cfg), newline cleanup, and indenting cleanup.
> > I like this bloom filter better than the one in OpenArena. And the
> > shiny water is very nice. :)
> > Here's the one that shows all of the changes that are really
> > necessary. This won't apply cleanly because it's a diff between my
> > UrT patches and 27's changes. It is based on r1785 so it should be a
> > quick fix to merge the changes against the ioquake3 trunk. This
> > should get you 95% of the way there.
> > http://pastebin.ca/1885022
> > This one would apply cleanly if pastebin didn't mess up my diff.
> > There's one reject when you try to apply it. This is a lot messier of
> > a diff because it includes my UrT changes and 27's bumpy changes. I
> > would use the first one if you want to move the code upstream. This
> > gets you 100% of the way there after fiddling with the diff so it
> > applies cleanly, but it has a lot of UrT changes. I would use the
> > other diff.
> > http://pastebin.ca/1885028
> > Note that both diffs need a tiny patch that 27 posted on the forums to
> > fix a bug with the bumpy code after I made the diffs. You'll also
> > need the glsl/*.cfg files from the binary version (his other *.rar).
> > I put them in ~/.q3a/q3ut4/glsl/*.cfg
> ioquake3 mailing list
> ioquake3 at lists.ioquake.org
> By sending this message I agree to love ioquake3 and libsdl.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ioquake3